2019.05.25. – On May 25th, on Saturday for the first time, the “Anthill” Regional Environmental Competition was organized in Miercurea Ciuc by the Green Szeklerland Association. The event is a unique contest where different schools in Szeklerland can compare their skills. This project was supported by the Environmental Partnership Foundation and by the MOL Romania. The competition was hosted by the Márton Áron High School where eight schools were represented by teams of 2-2 persons. During the competition the teams had to compare their skills in two tasks. First they had to solve the “Kelemen, the Birdman” task. By reading a description, the teams had to correctly stick the pictures of the bird species and the related data to the five observation sheets. The second task was a little bit harder than the first task, where 50 interesting information was presented from different species. All the information was associated by four images and the students had to choose the right one. During the competition, the teams could freely use different books.
The orders of the winners:
- Bándi Gergely, Dénes Roland, teacher – Szőcs László (Armășeni, Gál Sándor Primary School)
- László Csongor, Xántusz Előd, teacher – Hégető Katalin (Miercurea Ciuc, József Attila Primary School)
- Balla Zsolt, Ferencz Kincső, teacher – Holló Edit (Pauleni-Ciuc, Márton Ferenc Primary School)
- Szakács Boglárka, Pap Laura, teacher – Szász Ferenc-Zsolt (Mugeni, Mugeni Primary School)
- Pál Zsombor, Sugár Krisztina, teacher – András Éva (Sântimbru, Arany János Primary School)
- Szőcs Kincső, Gráncsa Olga (Cioboteni, Xantus János Primary School)
- Kádár Norbert, Daró András, teacher – Holló Edit (Ciceu, Kájoni János Primary School)
- Miklós Barbara, Ördög Dóra, teacher – Petres Mónika (Mădăraș, Kiss Ferenc Primary School)
The teams and their teachers received as prized different bird posters and a Bird Atlas.